This is one of the two weeks in the year where excitement levels are crazily high. It is one of the two weeks of the year which is the build up to ‘Theatre Club’. This is a little tradition to ensure that a friend and I will always catch up at least twice a year (as it is so easy for busy lives and distance to throw up obstacles).
The only rules to ‘Theatre Club’ are it needs to take place as close to our birthdays as possible (sometimes easier said than done), a good pre-theatre lunch is a must and a show is booked as a surprise. The final rule is always my favourite as it is such a joy to see the excitement at the big reveal or to be the one who can not wait to find out what the delight of the afternoon is going to be. There have never really been any rules about the shows that have to be booked but it seems that musicals are the winners. After all, they are a perfect girly treat!
Although, it can not yet be revealed what the show will be this weekend, here are 5 of the shows that have made it into ‘Theatre Club’:
- Guys and Dolls – The rendition of ‘Sit Down You’re Rockin’ The Boat‘ blew the audience out of the water.
- Funny Girl – Sheridan Smith really did shine as the star of the show.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – A dream for any Roald Dahl fan and chocolate lover.
- Once – Such a charming story of struggling musicians set in Dublin.
- Singin’ in the Rain – Nothing more to say other than a timeless classic.
So, how are you going to get out there and make more memories?